The CAD Administrator position involves cycling record drawing project data into a Building Master Archive (BMA) by applying strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and providing customer service. It also involves the administration of Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM) information in various systems for the client. This includes periodic and regular updates of CAFM data, audits and integrity checks of facilities information, and miscellaneous administrative functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as business needs require.
• Become familiar with Buildingi’s core business and operations as well as the operations of the services provided to our client.
• Apply strong working knowledge of AutoCAD v2010 to v2016.
• Utilize LISP Routines, Scripts, and Menu Programming.
• Perform quality control, develop improved processes and procedures, and apply client CAD standards.
• Use AutoCAD and property management software to update CAFM information.
• Respond to email correspondence in English using correct grammar, spelling and appropriate tone.
• Provide Tier 1 help desk support for users of property management software.
• Assist in updating and incorporating project related information into the Building Master Archive (BMA).
• Update key milestones scheduling, forecasting, and completion of CAD/CAFM updates/incorporations.
• Comply with and extend Quality Assurance procedures for CAD/CAFM work. This includes audit records or a change control log to track CAD/CAFM work history.
• Contribute to CAD/CAFM Standard Operating Procedures manual.
• Work onsite at the Client’s offices as needed and represent Buildingi and the services provided with the utmost professionalism.
• Support other department personnel as requested.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience required. Experience with AutoCAD and with CAFM/IWMS implementations is preferred. Knowledge or experience in construction, architecture or facilities management is helpful along with experience in creating and utilizing LISP routines, scripts, and menu programming. Experience with Microsoft Office including Outlook. Enlgish 80% or better.
Ability to provide superior customer service with extreme attention to detail. Must be able to multi-task effectively, work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment, and be self-motivated and organized with proven ability to establish priorities and execute to achieve results. Soft skills include working comfortably with ambiguity, a willingness to dig in and take on roles and responsibilities outside of one’s normal duties, a desire to continually learn and improve, and a shared philosophy with Buildingi’s Guiding Principles to Do Good Work, Create Success, Always Grow, and Be Great People.