• Act as Certification analyst responsible for assigned customers
• Evaluate companies for assigned products against different Fairtrade Standards
• Contribute to the constant improvement of FLO-CERTs certification system
• Conduct Fairtrade Audits for assigned customers
• Perform evaluations of audit reports from different countries against Fairtrade Standards.
• Perform Fairtrade audits of customers in assigned countries.
• Answer certification related questions from customers and other stakeholders.
• Audit planning and audit coordination for assigned countries.
• Communicate actively with applicants and certified customers and assist them with all necessary information.
• Actively participate in the annual audit planning for assigned countries.
• Instruct customers on FLO Fairtrade requirements.
• Identify special needs of Key Accounts and act as account manager.
• Answer Labeling Initiatives special requests.
• Assist in the selection, evaluation and training of Auditors.
• Assist in constant improvement of certification processes.
• Participate in special FLOCERT projects when required.
• University level education (or equivalent) in a relevant subject (Food Science, Business, Agronomy, Law, Economics, Environmental, Social Sciences etc.).
• Costa Rican citizenship/permission to work in Costa Rica
• At least two years of related professional work experience in an office and customer orientated environment.
• 2 years experience in certification systems (e.g. organic, FSC, MSC, SA8000, ISO 14001, etc.) in particular with ISO 17065 accreditation or 2 years related business experience.
• Fluent in Spanish oral and written.
• Fluent in English oral and written.
• Portuguese oral and written
• Flexible, pro-active and hardworking style.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills and experience in dealing with different cultures.
• Strong dedication towards customer service.
• Previous experience in auditing.
• Motivation for Fairtrade.
“Nice to Have”
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management Tools.
• Technical knowledge of any of the following agricultural products: Coffee, Bananas, Flowers, Sugar, Fresh Fruits.
• Business experience in international trade.
• Work experience in food processing industry.